Check your answers. Pay particular attention to unusual vocabulary.
1. Our human resources department will help you acclimate to the San Francisco area __________ your arrival there.
2. For being the top ________ real estate saleswoman of the quarter, Susan Miller received the accolades of her manager
3. Your accommodations at the Pan-Pacific Hotel in Vancouver __________ been confirmed for two nights.
(D) have to
Category: Subject Verb Agreement
4. President Smith's ________ assistant will accompany her on her trip to New York this week.
5. ________ John accomplished little as production supervisor, he was fired.
(A) Even though
(B) In spite of
Category: Subordinator Adverb Clause
6. It was quite an accomplishment to turn the company around in such ________.
(A) time a short
(B) short, a time
(C) time a short
(D) a short time
7.Talks have broken off because the two companies have been unable ________ an accord.
(A) to reach
(D) they reached
8. According to our records, your checking account is $123.00 ________ as of this morning.
(C) was overdrawn
(D) to overdraw
9. You ________ an accountant calculate your taxes and complete your return.
(A) should let
(C) could have been
(D) might need
10. Should you decide to take our money market ________ account, interest will accrue at a rate of 4.5% per year.
(A) to check
11. She has yet to achieve her goal ________ the company on sound financial footing.
(A) by putting
(B) with putting
(C) of putting
(D) on putting
Category: Preposition + Gerund
12. William's ________ of accomplishment within the company is only exceeded by his record of service to the community.
13. Pacific Gas and Electric refused to acknowledge receiving our letter ________ complaint.
14. Mr. Young is a business acquaintance whom I met at our annual convention ________ year.
TOEIC TEST MASTER CDROM
15. Dutch Telecom is reportedly seeking to acquire VoiceStream Technologies for ________ fifty billion dollars.
16. AOL's acquisition of Time Warner was accomplished mainly as a result of selling shares in ________ company.
(D) they're a
17. As of Mr. Jones' ________ from the company, Janet Jackson has been appointed acting head of the Trust Division.
18. You may activate your credit card by calling 1-800-888-0002 at any ________ 24 hours a day.
19. According to actuarial calculations, the average male born in the United States has a life ________ of 74 years.
20. To become the CEO of a corporation, one must ________ extraordinary business acumen and aggressive leadership skills.
(C) have possessing
(D) have been possessed
21. We cannot count on ________ changing their negotiating position because their response to our latest offer was adamant.
(A) they are
(D) that they
22. The addendum to the agreement has yet to be formulated but ________ crucial points which must be worded carefully.
(D) its including
23. Please note that the address which is listed on our business card has been changed ________ 512 Valencia Avenue.
24. I would like to send this letter by ________ return receipt so that the addressee will have to sign for it.
25. ________ our program this afternoon, the meeting will be adjourned promptly at 5:00 p.m.
(A) In accordance by
(B) To accord with
(C) According to
(D) Accord in
TOEIC TEST MASTER CDROM