TOEIC Grammar Quiz 3. Write down your answers. Check them at TOEIC Gram Quiz 3 Review.
51. Last year's ________ alumni fundraising drive raised over 100 million dollars for university research projects.
52. As we look to put together this new company, we are seeking an amalgamation of ideas ________ incorporates different approaches.
(A) in which
(B) by which
(C) through which
53. Because of the firm's amateurish approach to the project, the corporation decided to terminate its ________.
54. Maintaining a ________ economic ambassador to handle crises is an important element of any government.
55. We regret ________ we are unable to sign the contract because of critical ambiguities in the fifth and sixth clauses.
56. Creating desalinization projects to water the entire north African region is an ambitious project ________ millions of dollars.
57. Because Mr. Yang remains ambivalent about the position he has been offered, we are recommending ________ the offer.
58. We went to the meeting anticipating the usual agenda, ________ expecting to be ambushed on our activities of last week.
59. President Al-Khabar has expressed that he is ________ to the merger of the two companies.
60. One of the amendments to the contract calls for the two companies to exchange progress reports on a biannual ________.
61. _________ the amiable relationship between the two companies, the management teams decided the time is not yet ripe for merger.
(B) Even though
62. By amortizing our purchase of computers over the ________, we can write off most of our tax liability.
(A) next years five
(B) five years next
(C) years, next five
(D) next five years
63. Due to the ________ demand for our new Palm computers, we will need to have an ample supply on hand.
Toeic Test Master Cdrom
64. At the ________ meeting, you will be called on to amplify your statements concerning the future of the company.
65. In today's environment of e-commerce, companies ________ anachronistic policies will be left behind.
(A) that pursue
(B) that pursue its
(C) they that pursue
(D) they pursue
66. Because of the similarities between the Coca-Cola and Pepsi-Cola companies, certain analogies about their management structure ________.
(C) can be drawing
(D) can be drawn
67. Analyzing sales data is an important prerequisite to ordering ________ goods.
68. The supervisor's analysis of the problem in inter-departmental communication was ________.
(A) highly accurate
(B) high accuracy
(C) accurate of highness
(D) an accurate height
69. The duty of a financial analyst is to scrutinize money income and outflow ________ a company more efficient.
(A) orders making
(B) in order to make
(C) ordered making
(D) on order made
70. Ancillary responsibilities of your new job are listed in the employee handbook ________ been given.
(A) what you have
(B) why you have
(C) when you have
(D) you have
71. During the vice-chairwoman's ________, she gave many anecdotes about her years in the business.
72. Corporations can not merely rely ________ anecdotal information but must also pursue meticulous research.
73. We should look at the problem from all possible angles ________of environmental impact.
(A) despite that
(C) in that
(D) including that
TOEIC TEST MASTER CDROM
74. It is fair to say ________ such an increase in sales has never occurred in the annals of our company.
75. Thus far, all attempts by the city to annex the land adjacent to ours have ________ futile.
(D) been proved