TOEIC Vocab Quiz 1. Write down your answers. Check at TOEIC Vocab Quiz 1 Review.
1. Our human resources department will help you __________ to the San Francisco area upon your arrival there.
2. For being the top producing real estate saleswoman of the quarter, Susan Miller received the ________ of her manager.
3. Your __________ at the Pan-Pacific Hotel in Vancouver have been confirmed for two nights.
4. President Smith's executive assistant will ________ her on her trip to New York this week.
5. Because John ________ little as production supervisor, he was fired.
6. It was quite an ________ to turn the company around in such a short time.
7. Talks have broken off because the two companies have been unable to reach an ________.
8. According to our records, your checking ________ is $123.00 overdrawn as of this morning.
9. You should let an __________ calculate your taxes and complete your return.
10. Should you decide to take our money market checking account, interest will ________ at a rate of 4.5% per year.
11. She has yet to _______ her goal of putting the company on sound financial footing.
12. William's record of ________ within the company is only exceeded by his record of service to the community.
13. Pacific Gas and Electric refused to ________ receiving our letter of complaint.
14. Mr. Young is a business ________ whom I met at our annual convention last year.
15. Dutch Telecom is reportedly seeking to ________ VoiceStream Technologies for some fifty billion dollars.
16. AOL's ________ of Time Warner was accomplished mainly as a result of selling shares in its company.
17. As of Mr. Jones' dismissal from the company, Janet Jackson has been appointed ________ head of the Trust Division.
18. You may ________ your credit card by calling 1-800-888-0002 at any time 24 hours a day.
19. According to ________ calculations, the average male born in the United States has a life expectancy of 74 years.
20. To become the CEO of a corporation, one must possess extraordinary business ________ and aggressive leadership skills.
21. We cannot count on their changing their negotiating position because their response to our latest offer was ________.
22. The ________ to the agreement has yet to be formulated but includes crucial points which must be worded carefully.
23. Please note that the ________ which is listed on our business card has been changed to 512 Valencia Avenue.
24. I would like to send this letter by certified return receipt so that the ________ will have to sign for it.
25. According to our program this afternoon, the meeting will be ________ promptly at 5:00 p.m.
26. The ________ will be out to review your insurance claim and inspect the damage to your car at 10 a.m. on Monday.
27. If there is any problem with the ________ of these tests, it should be reported immediately to the supervising authority.
28. We need to find a new ________ for the Human Resources Department who has experience in all sectors of our corporation.
29. With this credit card, you may obtain an ________ of up to $5000 at any of our branch locations.
30. Due to ________ business conditions, the corporation has decided to postpone its hiring of new employees.
31. The ________ is for a technical writer who is fluent in both English and Chinese.
32. Because the _________ budget is so small this year, breakthroughs into new international markets will be minimal.
33. Following the ________ of her broker, Mrs. Tang has decided to diversify her investments into stocks and bonds.
34. As an Amazon business _________, a company receives the benefit of the Amazon logo on its homepage.
35. We are able to state categorically that our response to your proposal is ________.
36. Please ________ your signature on the line above the description "President of the Company."
37. Generous packages of stock options have created a class of ________ executives.
38. The company cannot ________ to ignore the volatility of the Nasdaq stock market.
39. The marketing ________ has proposed a three year campaign that focuses on television, radio, and internet advertising.
40. For her role in selling the property, the real estate _________ received a ten percent commission.
41. It is only through an ________ marketing strategy that the new company can hope to make a dent in the market.
42. The final ________ is set to be signed on Friday at the law offices of Ernst, Rabin and Stravinsky.
43. Because of continued ________ of money laundering, the banks of the Grand Cayman Islands have opened their books to auditors.
44. R.J. Reynolds, formerly a tobacco company, has formed ________ with various food producing companies in an effort to diversify.
45. ________ in the fight against AT & T, Sprint and Vonage have attempted to broaden their market share.
46. Cutbacks in research mean that ________ for the development end of our organization may exceed expectations.
47. The ________ for personnel clothing is not limited to clothes worn on site.
48. The university travel ________ covers all lodging, food, and transportation expenses incurred by the university representative.
49. Once the contract has been signed, it cannot be ________ except by mutual agreement of the signing parties.
50. Minister Smith's inability to attend the economic summit means that an ________ representative must be selected.